Town of Sharon, New Hampshire
432 NH Route 123 • Sharon, NH 03458
603-924-9250 • FAX: 603-924-3103 • www.sharonnh.org
June 15, 2021
Present: Fred Woodhouse, Diane Callahan, Gary Backstrom
Call to order by Fred Woodhouse at 5:30 pm.
Motion to approve the minutes for 6/1/2021 (Backstrom/Callahan). All in favor, motion carried.
Motion to approve the manifest for 6/15/2021 (Backstrom/Callahan). All in favor, motion carried.
Motion to approve the payroll for 6/15/2021 (Backstrom/Callahan). All in favor, motion carried.
Rory Goff submitted a report from the website committee and reviewed the progress. The basis of the review of the website is to have a website that is useful to residents. This has been a volunteer effort at no cost to get to the next level with town resources. Responses to the survey were reviewed. There was discussion about email addresses and the Committee determined there would be a cost of $6.00/month for each email address. The report submitted broke down an annual cost of maintaining the website and the Committee estimated this cost to be about $2,000.00 to $2,500.00 per year. The Committee requested permission to work on a core website.
Discussion about the monthly hosting fee and domain name, these items will be discussed further at the July 2021 meeting.
● The bridge will be worked on in mid to late July.
● Obtaining quotes for paving, the schedule would be late July or early August. Paving would be done on McCoy Road and some of Temple Road.
● Asked for an update on the Groesbeck situation, Mr. Woodhouse has drafted a letter to Mr, Groesbeck, Mr. Backstrom is going to proofread the letter.
● Received a call about Mountain Road, which is closed subject to gates and bars. The Nichols, Bass, and Hoaglands would like to install a new road barrier on the Peterborough side. Ms. Callahan thinks that a new barrier should be installed on the side closer to Sharon. Ken Callahan suggested that signs stating “Closed subject to gates and bars” be put up at both ends. No action was taken at this time.
● Informed the Board that the Planning Board would be discussing setbacks at their July 2021 meeting.
● Informed the Board that Francis Guptil is interested in the Fire Warden position that he will be resigning from. The Board requested that Mr. Guptil attend the July 2021 meeting.
Discussion about the renewal of the Comcast franchise agreement to allow Comcast to serve two residences, one on South Road and one on Turnpike Road. Motion to approve the Comcast franchise agreement (Woodhouse/Backstrom). All in favor, motion carried.
Meeting adjourned at 7:01 PM.
Minutes taken by Debra Harling. Approved on 07/20/2021.
Fred Woodhouse Diane Callahan Gary Back